Last updated on June 14, 2021
If you do not accept our privacy practices, then you should not continue to use either the Website or the Services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our services,registering to access restricted areas of our website,and to receive email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information to negotiate and enter into business transactions;
- information to conduct training, workshops, events, surveys, competitions and contests;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using Your Personal Data
In order to provide you with our products or services or to effectively make use of your products or services, we may use personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- manage any required billing or invoicing matters, including who and where to direct such matters to;
- provide information and updates about new features and technical work arounds for specific products or services; and
- provide information about other Innovmarine products or services designed to complement the existing product or service you have purchased or subscribed to.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We make every effort to ensure that information we use to make a decision that directly affects someone is as accurate, up–to–date and complete as possible. This also applies to personal information disclosed to third parties.
International Data Transfer and Storage of Information
Our website is hosted in the cloud, and therefore may involve the storage of data on servers that are physically located outside of Canada. You acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transmitted, transferred, processed, and/or stored outside of Canada, including in the United States. We will use reasonable means to ensure that your information is protected, but cannot guarantee that the laws of any foreign jurisdiction will accord the same degree of protection as the laws of Canada. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to the transmission, transfer, processing and/or storage of your personal information outside of Canada.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Wherever possible, we seek a person’s consent before we collect their personal information. The form of consent may vary depending on the circumstances and the type of information being requested. Consent can be express or implied, and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative.
Express consent is preferred. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent may be reasonably inferred from a person’s action or inaction.For example, providing a name and address to receive an e-newsletter or providing a name and telephone number to receive a response to a question.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal Information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal Information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law.
You have a right to request that InnovMarine change, update,make corrections, or restrict the processing of your personal data.You may also instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we process relating to you free of charge once (1) every calendar year. For any additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
To exercise your rights, or if you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at the address below.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
InnovMarine does not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we learn that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems upon request.
California Users Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
InnovMarine is a business to business (“B2B”) service provider and does not intentionally interact with or collect information about individual consumers outside that context, both in online interactions (such as through our website) and offline interactions. Thus, references to you in this privacy statement only include individuals interacting with us in connection with our B2B functions, such as due diligence of another business, or providing or receiving goods or services to or from another business. Only consumers acting in such a B2B capacity are permitted to use our websites or provide information to us.
InnovMarine does not “sell” personal information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Cookies and Beacons
InnovMarine Inc. 743 rue des Chalutiers, Lévis, QC, G6V 9P5 Canada
Revised and posted as of April 26, 2021